Saturday, November 19, 2011

iCloud, iOS5 and the iRabbi

An odd snippet: opening calendar on the iPad (original) sometimes produces an empty month view for the current month. It's not that there aren't any appointments, just that the iPad doesn't remember them. Tapping calendars and re-syncing doesn't help either. But changing to another month does; then all the appointments return!

Another odd snippet: I think I've now got iMessage coordinated across my iPad and iPhone. Previously the devices were using different Apple IDs (I have two, like most Apple devotees) so there was no coordination between the two loves of my life. Logging out of my iTunes ID on my iPhone and logging back in using my me.com ID in the message settings pane seemed to work.

Most people I know who have moved to iOS5 have had problems. Some so bad they're cursing Apple publicly. This isn't the Apple we used to know that's done this, that has abused its 'It just works' philosophy. Something has changed. And not for the better.

I say bring back Steve Jobs, never mind the wrath of the Rabbi: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/steve-jobs/8899737/Chief-Rabbi-blames-Apple-for-helping-create-selfish-society.html.

No comments: